Monday, July 13, 2009

Catch Up!!!







Wow, it has been a long time since I wrote a blog entry. I thought I would play catch up and give some information on how the family is doing. M &M3 had a good school year, the first at their private school. They enjoyed it, they were very happy to have the year end though, and why wouldn't they be excited.... the second week of June we had our first big Family Vacation! We took a flight to Disney World in Florida and spent 8 days and 7 nights there. It was great... HOT, but great. We spent the first day at Hollywood Studios and realized right away we need to get there early and get fast passes, because we stood in line for a Buzz light year ride for a hour and a half!! The kids were troopers really they were, we spent the next day at Animal Kingdom and also went back to visit it again later in the week and watched the Finding Nemo Musical show... amazing and well worth it. It was great because Animal Kingdom had a wonderful parade. Epcot was good too, it had this amazing ride called Soarin that made you feel that you were flying over parts of California and the Test track was amazing, making you feel that you were in a car that is taking its first trip around the track!! Let me tell you Epcot had an amazing Fireworks show, I teared up a little as my family watched the show. My kids really had a good time and despite the heat they did really well. Finally, we went to Magic Kingdom!! What an amazing place, this is where most of the rides were and the kids had such a great time here. I was sick one of the days and had to stay in bed, I toughed it out the other days. It was crazy how the rain came in so heavy, but wonderful when it did because it cooled things down so fast. The kids meet Mickey, Goofy, Donald, Minnie, Lilo and Stitch, and Pluto along with Buzz Light Year and Woody. We purchased them a autograph book and they got all the characters to sign them, it was a blast. My husband and I are going to go back but we decided to go back in much cooler weather... perhaps March or October or November.
The in- laws went with us and it was great to have them along. I thought it was going to be to much for my father in law and that he would be gripping, but I really think he enjoyed it. He went on the really cool rides with the kids, despite his body and back taking a beating on the rides. My mother in law was great, I think she really enjoyed seeing her grandchildren having fun and being so incredibly excited. Wow, this is so much that has gone on since the trip.
Well our summers are filled with Library, dollar movies, hanging out with Grandma and doing cool summer fun crafts. Hope all is well with your summers.
Renee

2 comments:

Mom said...

I so enjoyed Disney with the family! If I could get a job there I would never take a vacation :-). Just think the kids could come and visit Grandma all the time and we could go and go and go!

burrsmom said...

OMG!!! I thought that you had forgotten your blog altogether!! Welcome back! I can't wait to see pictures from the trip! My mother went with you so I know there were pictures!!