Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Good Catholic Kids!!!! UMMM???

Okay well M & M3 have been going to Vacation Bible School this week. The theme is very different from the other themes that we have seen at vacation bible school in the past. In fact it is called 'Paul and the Underground Church', which has a old Roman theme to it. Each day they have been coming home with a New Challenge they have to do, there are three choices and they chose one challenge to do that day at home. Well my kids apparently have their own ideas about these challenges. According to my husband he read the challenges to M and she had the following to say about each possible challenge he read, it kind of went like this according to him....

First possible challenge choice: Let someone else go ahead of you in line. They'll be amazed

M's response to this was " So I gotta let someone cut in front of me in line huh?"

Second possible challenge choice: Give a family member the biggest piece of dessert. Suprise!

M's resonse to this was " Oh I don't think so, it ain't happenin"

Third possible challenge choice: Obey your mom or dad the first time they asky you to do something

M's response to this was " Never gonna happen"

Okay I am not sure but I think she is not getting the meaning of the lessons. Well M3 had this to say when I read the challenges to him and said he should do challenge number three which was listen to his Mom and Dad the first time he said " Yeah like that is going to happen in this lifetime"...... so once again I don't really think my kids are getting the idea of the lessons at Vacation Bible School. It is actually a little concerning, I though they were good little catholic kids, and they still are... I think! Oh the smart mouth responses and us having to deal with them as parents!!

No comments: