Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I must be Crazy!!


Okay the only thing I can do is claim temporary insanity, I mean really. I don't know what came over me, but here we are and somehow I volunteered to be the 2nd grades room parent! I know, I know, me a room parent. I think I will do okay. I have to get over the biggest hurdle which is the fall festival. Of course I have some help, which is the assistant room parent and this has taken a little load off. However, did I mention I am also on the Fall Festival committee and am helping with this years book nook and also working full time. I know women have done it before, but not to long ago I got sick because of stress and so I think back on this with some concern. Oh well, I want to be involved in my childrens education and also get to know parents so I guess this will defiantely help me in this aspect. To all of my fellow women out there, wish me luck and say lots of prayers... I am bound to need them.

3 comments:

burrsmom said...

Repeat after me..."NO. NO. NO. I wish I could help but my schedule is full. Not this time, maybe next time. Let's give someone else a chance. I'm on another committee already and I want to be able to devote my full attention there. " Feel free to use any and/or all of these. Take it from one who knows. Or you could just run and hide!! Or when they ask you, cough on them. That works but it is gross.

Humphrey Hot Spot said...

ha ha ha you of all people karen ! giving advice about this .:P
i think all us moms take on so much so we can do for our kids .one day they will move out and we will be stress free and have tons of free time . isnt that right mom? mom?oh mom! oh i forgot shes helping with grandkids now .. so much for that idea

Andy said...

Whether you stress about it or not, it's probably still going to be a success! My colleague at work is a multi-child, multi-year room parent and wrote this article, which hopefully might be helpful to you.

Good luck!

http://typeamom.net/parenting-children/how-to-be-a-great-room-parent-without-losing-your-sanity.html