Wednesday, July 23, 2008

AHHH MOMENTS

I don't think we cherish the "Ahhh Moments" in our life enough. What makes me say this, well my son said something to me the other day and while on the verge of tears I thought to myself that this moment will pass just as quickly as it comes and so I have to remember it, because it was an "Ahhh Moment" and there have been these moments in every mothers life that we simple don't cherish them as much as we should. So the other day the boy gets out of the shower and I am helping him get ready for bed and into pajamas when he says to me and I quote " Mommy, can I tell you somethin". I just want to tell you this is how he begins over half of his conversations with me. I of course said "yes, baby" and he precedes to say " I wish I could stay little like this forever so I can always be your baby boy", okay as I am sitting here with my eyes welling up even now, I realize this is an "Ahhh Moment" and what do you do with this? Well, its pretty much a no brainer, you look into the boys eyes and say, much as I did the other day " But sweetie, you'll always, always be my baby boy" and then he smiles gives me a hug and left the room and a single tear fell down my cheek. Yes, its these moments I cherish because I realize just as quickly as they come, the go so fast too.

2 comments:

Humphrey Hot Spot said...

aaaawwww how sweet - are you sure he is related to that mean little brother i have

Humphrey Hot Spot said...

ok falling behind here - cracking the whip