Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Power of Faith, Prayer and The Big Guy in the Sky Himself

So the title pretty much says it all. I went into the hospital a couple of days ago and was admitted with what they say was MRSA, which is a super duper staph infection that had developed from a mere pimple on my lip. By the end of the weekend my lip had grown to what seemed like three times its size and had went down into my chin and through my neck. I was in such pain I was praying to God to do anything to help me relieve the pain I was in, and so I look at my hospital stay like this..... I was admitted because he probably knew it wasn't getting better by oral medications at home. It was funny I had been poked so many times by the time I had been told that my vein had closed up in my IV and I had to have another placed in my hand, mind you I was told this as I was eating dinner, the nurse told me she would be back to change the IV and left the room. I looked up at the ceiling and said, and yes I was directing it God, "Seriously, come on Seriously?" Then I proceeded to look down at my plate and I said "okay, okay" because what did I need to be gripping at anyways? He had done everything I wanted to be done, I was getting better and feeling a lot better and my pain was pretty much gone, with the exception of the pokes from the needles, but I think that is something I could put up with if he had sent me the help that he did. Yes, the power of Faith, Prayer and a lot of help from the Big Guy in the Sky is a wonderful thing. I thank him that I got help when I did, I am not saying I am out of the woods yet..... however I am on the mend and that is a good feeling to have. But the fact that my prayers were answered and I am progressively getting better. Thanks to faith, prayer and God.

No comments: