Monday, April 14, 2008

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!

Bell's Palsy. Ever heard of it, I hadn't either until I got it. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I thought I was having a stroke, because by the end of the night I was not able to move my right side of my face. It really is terrible to tell you the truth. My eye does not shut, I can't move my right side of my face and in some ways I do feel like a stoke victim. So I say "Are you kidding me"? The good thing is I didn't have a stroke, thank God. I thank him because it could be a lot worse, although "Big guy in the sky, its getting pretty annoying right now" However, I have been taught that it is in fact a humbling experience. I have more identification with people who have disabilities and the difficulties they face. The thing is I am having to relearn things in my short time of having this condition... forgot to mention its not permanent, although it feels like it will never end. I have had to learn that talking and doing things in excess only fatigues me more. So in every way it has definately humbled me. We won't even go into me eating and food dropping on me. But all I can say is in my heart I keep telling myself "I will prevail" and in my mind I am saying this is crummy, but it could be worse. Thanks for listening to me vent.

2 comments:

Humphrey Hot Spot said...

welcome back to blogville -
i have to tell you that i dont think that i could be as upbeat and possitive sounding as you are - more power to you

MOM said...

HANG 'TUFF GIRL. I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM.
LOVE, MRS"G"