Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Turkey Day!!


Well tomorrow is Turkey Day/Thanksgiving. I am steadily baking away on the only day I really do cooking. It has become a tradition to have Thankgiving at our house. Of course there's always someone who can't make it, because you know people have other family to visit, like if you are visiting your spouses family for the holiday that year, etc. But we will usually have it at our house. This year is no different. I am really excited because my sister in law who moved back from Georgia several months ago is going to be at our house for Thanksgiving this year. It is her year to visit her family and my kiddos are really excited about their cousins coming to see them and spending the day with all of us. Unfortunately my sister will not be able to join us and I am sad, but I will see her soon I am sure. Well back to thanksgiving, I break out the china and fancy utensils, I cook the turkey and the green bean caserole... because quite honestly I make it the best and I cook the pies. I have to make an extra one every year, because it is a rule according to my sister that she gets her own pie! My sister is a little spoiled, but I know she thinks the same about me.hehe. So I am right now slaving away on making three pumpkin pies, trying to find a pecan pie, because I did not get one soon enough and my sister in law will kill me, and trying to cook chocolate pies for my son and husband and of course the family. AHHHH yes the holidays, it is incredibly hectic but I would not change it for the world. I absoloutely love spending time with my family and friends around the holiday season and I love the one time of the year that I actually cook. To all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving.
Renee

1 comment:

Humphrey Hot Spot said...

AAAWW THANKS FOR BEING HAPPY WE ARE BACK - WE LOVE YOU TOO AND THE BOYS HAVE ASKED ME EVERY MINUTE - IS IT TIME TO GO TO M & M's HOUSE YET - SEE YOU SOON -
CANT WAIT FOR THAT PIE !